Monday, March 9, 2009

THE KNOCK @ THE DOOR!

This morning my lovely wife made us our healthy breakfast of egg whites & oatmeal (its the best) and I had the bowl and plate right in my hand just about to set it down next to my coffee when there it happened. THE KNOCK @ THE DOOR.

I lumbered over to it wearing my sweats and slippers and proceeded to open it up when to my shock and dismay were two gentlemen holding brief cases! When I inquired "what can I help you guys with" they said "Do you desire to have peace in this world." Yup you guessed it complete with the little brochure with the yellow and orange color schemes on it, with a little girl petting a black bear of all things. I"ll spare you the blow by blow conversation but one thing that stuck out to me was how the Holy Spirit had brought to remembrance the scriptures that were needed to share with them. Little did I know Linda was sitting just 10' from me behind the door praying for me ha ha. We had a great conversation about the Love of God and Jesus and how Jesus died for them and wanted to spend eternity with them, and of course Eph 2:8-9. But hold on! They don't believe their all going to be allowed to heaven but 144,000 and the remainder will kick it here in the "New Earth." I stopped him just briefly and said "WHAT" ha ha "Dude don't you want to go to heaven and hang out with the Lord?"

It saddened me that these guys were so zealous with their faith however it lacked one thing THE LOVE OF JESUS! I was very kind to them, shared the Gospel with them, exhorted them on their works going door to door and even told them that the Lord loved them even if they didn't do this which they refused to believe. My greatest hope is that they will follow up and come back next week like they said. My plea to you is pray for Eric & Sam for salvation who knows there may be a Damascus road story on Deanza Way soon and I believe that.

We shared about 45 mins @ the door and had a great time but my breakfast got cold haha. I was blessed by Linda just sitting there praying for me only to find out she was praying that I wouldn't go off on them ha ah! Hey I look at it this way If I don't go door to door the least I can do is share with them when God brings them to my door! Dont be lazy!

Keep Eric @ Sam in Prayer
IN His Grip
AL

No comments:

Post a Comment