Monday, July 27, 2009

Today will soon be Yesterday!

TIME
Where does it go?

It is an obvious fact that after you hit 50 there are not 365 days in a year! It seems like Christmas is every 4 months, summer is shorter, every time you turn around it is time
to add another year to the birthday cake (if you even get one) ha ha! Recently I was listening to this tune by Todd Rundgren "hello its me" and I bet every thot of my youth sprung up on me in a way that just took me back Wow! Oh I know we dont live there anymore but how much the world has changed since then. I am now a husband, a dad, a grandpa, or a "BaPa" if you will retired and I live in Los Banos. Who would have ever thought that all this could take place in such a short amount of time. Really it has been a while now that I look back.

What life would have been like had I surrendered to the Lord so long ago? The fact remains I will never know but this I do know for sure, God is Merciful! It never ceases to amaze me how He has always been there even in spite of myself. Yes time has gone by and only He knows how much is left so I am going to go for the gusto! All that He has for Linda and I.

I could never have made it without the grace of all those around me and you all know who you are. Thank you for always caring and believing in the Lord to show it. Thank you for your prayers for Linda and I and we pray the greatest blessing on the years to come.

In His Grip
AL

No comments:

Post a Comment