Sunday, February 15, 2009

S.W.A.T NEEDED

ALWAYS KNOW WE ARE IN HIS SIGHTS!!!"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. "
John 10:10(a)

Paul tells us in Colossians as Christians we are not to be "ignorant" of the enemies devices. Often times I find myself forgetting this when I spend more time encouraging others and neglecting times of encouragement for myself. There are many ways we as believers can neglect this important aspect of our walks. We can become too consumed with others, or take our eyes off what God is putting in front of us. Sometimes we are just plain goofs and forget that God is "doing" something and it is absolutely ....uh...huuummm.. I'll use the word "ticking" the enemy off.

Today was a very interesting day for me. It started out ok but while we were on our way to Madera for service all HELL broke loose. I am not a quitter! I refuse to allow the enemy that glory but I can honestly say the thought of moving to "Ziklag" was very tempting. When David decided to just "fow ged a bowd it" in 1Sam 27 he was just fed up. We notice in that chapter that David forgot to do the very thing he knew to do.....PRAY! It appears he knew he needed to but he just said "fow ged a bowd it"

David stayed in that situation for about 16 months. I am thankful it took me 46 mins to get over my little en devour. Long enough to hear a message by Damien Kyle about how Satan loves to use discouragement on Gods people. I was ambushed and I knew it but why Lord? The answer came at our prayer meeting tonight. We have been praying for one of our guys wife to go to church with him and she did. Another one of our guys son almost made it to our house tonight with his father. This is a miracle for sure as this 23 yr old wants nothing to do with the Lord.

God was faithful and answered our prayer request and it made the enemy as mad as that place he lives in. I was encouraged during our time together. These guys are awesome prayer warriors and we see results. The enemy is in full attack mode here in Los Banos so please keep Linda and I in your prayers as you are in ours.

Always in His Grip

AL

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brother,
    The enemy wants us all to stumble and fall because if we are not keeping our eyes on the Lord it is just as bad as having our eyes on him. You have people praying for you daily. We will keep you covered. Keep up the fight!

    ReplyDelete