Saturday, January 31, 2009

"WE'RE GOING TO TOWN"

Today we are "Going to Town" Ha Ha! When I was a kid growing up in Fresno I remember hearing those words "were going to town." (Hispanic accent added) That was a saying that the poor folk said because they lived outside of town not in town. Linda and I have a "Meeting" (there is that horrible word again) in Madera for Ministry and we decided to go the extra 20 miles to Fresno. Were going to take advantage of a found treasure (gift cards in Linda's purse) and let Linda shop. Ha ha

We will stay in Fresno since we have to go back to Madera for Sunday service so why not take advantage of it huh? Prayerfully this time I can see my Mom since she ditched me the last trip for Bingo instead ha ha (pray for her) I forgot to mention that we had a great time on Thursday Night for our Study. Acts 6 is filled with encouragement to the believer not to back down from a hostile crowd who is about to stone you but to see the face of Jesus in all things.

This is an exciting time we are all living in. For us a time of literally trusting God for our every meal and by the looks of some of my pics I haven't missed any. (Hey, hey you don't need to agree just nod your head so I don't see you). God is good! So now its off to shopping for Linda to buy whatever her heart desires. I just don't see how she is going to buy any new clothes with Home Depot & Lowes cards!

In His Grip
AL

No comments:

Post a Comment