Monday, January 26, 2009

Thanks For The Prayers

Linda and I both want to thank The Espinosa's & The Florants for your prayers today regarding our exams at the Census Bureau. Taking these exams @ our age can at times be very challenging especially since being out of school for like 3 + decades now. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you need to know so much about the stinking math equations that I encountered today. Fractions & Decimals and eplurabus unium goofy mugwumps stuff. I guess I was just expecting you know the typical questions when going house to house to add up how many people live in a particular residence. Questions like which arm do you hold the clipboard in if you write with your right hand. Needless to say we both passed the exam(s)

I say exam(s) because we decided to take the Supervisors exam as well, we figured what the heck I could use a little of Obama's stimulus money he seems to be giving away. We both passed that exam as well praise the Lord but what happened next was truly from prayer.

During the exam a fellow sitting next to me asked me where I was from and when I told him Los Banos he said "wow me too." He asked me what brought us to Los Banos and we told him the Lord. We told him we started a bible study in hopes planting a church. He indicated to me that he attended Calvary Baptist there in Los Banos. We spoke of our affiliation with Calvary Chapel and the Moderator of the test overheard us and asked "are you guys Christians?" and then said "praise the Lord" ha ha.

We completed both test and Linda and I were the last ones ha ha (I hate those timed test) The Moderator told Linda and I that he too lived in Los Banos and attended the church that I am working with to organize a one day Men's Conference. He was absolutely shocked at this. After he had graded our exams he told us we both had passed. I noticed he had showed us great favor in posting our final scores telling us he wanted to bless Gods people. The reason I used the pic above was I noticed his name tag said "Joseph" I told him I felt just like one of Josephs brothers being taken care of during a famine.

God is so good to provide His people to take care of His people for provisions and hopefully make the Government pay for it!

Side note! we received a call later on from Joseph telling us our first exam had also been taken care of for more consideration!!!!!!

Definitely in His Grip
AL

1 comment:

  1. Testing testing cking to see if the comments section works

    ReplyDelete