Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jesus Saves!

Upon hearing that my Brother Robert needed surgery today Linda and I drove to Fresno to be with Family. We made it there just in time (God's time) before they whisked him away. I got
a chance to see him and at least try to pray with him. As I saw him there on that gurney my heart broke for him. A gauze patch over his right eye and tubes everywhere I wanted to cry. Memories of my Brother Gilbert who went home to be with the Lord 2 1/2 yrs ago raced through my mind. My heart just broke. Here is my last remaining brother in this condition.

I told my brother the only thing I knew to do I said "Robert, Jesus loves you" He died for you and for me. He told us "come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest." Do you need rest right now? With tears streaming down his r/eye he said "Yes" I told him "are you tired of living your life the way you have apart from Jesus?"

I explained the gospel to him in the most simplest form and he cried out " I want that right now"
My Brother's name is written in the Lambs Book of Life just as his Savior promised. Robert has a long way to go so please pray for not only his health but for his spiritual growth as well. He made it through the surgery OK but keep praying for him.
In His Grip
AL

2 comments:

  1. Al,
    Praise the Lord. We have been praying for Robert and are so happy that he accepted the Lord and that you and Linda were able to be there for him and the family.

    ReplyDelete